Friday 11 November 2011

Bringing it Home

I went up home to beautiful Northland last weekend and was reminded that you don't have to go far to find secluded and stunning beaches on this island. Here's a glimpse at my slice of paradise...




I was also reminded that it doesn't matter where you are in this world, rubbish always finds away to creep in and occupy spaces where you should only leave footprints.
---
This is what I collected from about a 20m square area of my beach...



It's amazing what you find once you start looking. I took a bag to the beach and at the same time as picking up rubbish I collected some pretty shells - it was an easy way to bring the rubbish home, get rid of it, and still have collected some pretty things to add to my collection of shell rings and paua.
----
While I was getting all artistic taking snaps of the rubbish (art + rubbish, hmm!?) I couldn't help but notice how luscious my parents vege garden is looking. Check it out...



1 comment:

  1. Wow stunning sunset shot Hannah, lovely Northland. Makes me miss home...Dan and I have been growing veges in a small garden here in the UK, our first attempt, but going into winter now we're just using up the last leeks and that'll be it for a while. Looking forward to being back in NZ hopefully middlish of next year!

    ReplyDelete