Saturday 11 June 2011

No adventure starts with things going to plan..

It's 7.15pm. My flight left at 2.30pm. Well... it was supposed to. But, “due to engineering problems” or so the loudspeaker keeps saying, I’m still sitting in Auckland Airport’s departure lounge. C’est la vie I guess. Since when have adventures ever started smoothly anyway! That would just be predictable.

One thing that being stranded here does is give me some time to put this trip in to perspective. The build up to leaving has been crazy hectic, and sometimes it's easy to forget the bigger picture of why I signed up for this crazy-holiday-type-thing in the first place.

So, after pondering and walking round in circles at the airport for a little too long,  I've come up with these goals for the next four weeks:

- Take every opportunity on offer, even if it scares me a tad!
- Chat with as many people as possible to get a broad view on conservation issues in the Pacific.
- Link what I learn back to New Zealand and its association with the broader mare pacficum
- Blog everyday where possible, with a mixture of interviews, pictures, stories and personal excerpts.
- Not miss my certain someone too much
- Send postcards (I'm so bad at that!!) 

Oh and it would be nice to come back with a tan that replaced the Auckland winter shade of white. hehe.

Just before boarding at 1pm when thing were still going to plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment